Tuesday 8 November 2011

Continuity Sequence

Whilst participating in the continuity editing project the member of my group was Luke and Billy. In my group Luke and Billy was the actors and I was camera man who was filing the action.


During the Project there were a few difficulties including the story idea and the filming. When we were planning the project as a group we found it difficult to come up with a concept, we had many ideas but after a discussion as a group we decided the idea we come up with wasn’t going to work. After hard thought and more discussing we came up with an idea of a rivalry between the two characters. Once we completed the planning of the idea we produced a storyboard and started filming. During the filming we found it difficult to get a variety of different shots but this was only down to the lack of space we had to work with. The room that we used was a confined meaning that we were unable to get the best shots available.


Even though it was difficult to film in the confined space I still enjoyed using the camera. The reason why I enjoyed filming is because I learnt things to do to make the filming better, for example when doing an over the shoulder shot it is better to get the camera to eye level making it more effective. Another thing that I learnt when I was filming is how to track even though I wasn’t good at it I enjoyed learning how to use the equipment to get the best out of the filming.


If we were to redo the project again there would be a number of changes as a group we would do to make our continuity editing better. The first thing I would do is choose a bigger room , by doing this it would be it be easier for us to work and means that we would get better shots. Also I would learn how to track better as when I tracked in the project the film was jerky meaning that the filming was bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment